Since 1981, Urban Myth Theatre Company has provided young people and the broader community with a professionally guided artistic environment in which to achieve their creative and personal goals.
What we do
- Professional development
- Presentations at Forums and Conferences
- Community Arts Projects
What you achieve
- Critical thinking
- Self analysis through individual and group work
- Expression of inner voice
- Empowerment through storytelling
- Self-esteem and emotional resilience
- Problem solving
Our guiding principles
- Arts should be accessible for all members of society, especially young people
- Theatre in community creates social capital
- Development of ‘soft skills’ contributes to the personal, social and economic well-being of a country
Staff at Urban Myth have extensive experience in working across a variety of sectors including: Government and Not-for-Profit, Disabilities, Multicultural, Aged Care, Education, Long Term Unemployed, Youth At Risk, Mental Health, Rural and Regional Community, Environment, Drug and Alcohol, Youth Suicide, Rehabilitation, Youth Correctional Services and Prisons.
Whether it is a project with a performance outcome or a series of in-house workshops, Urban Myth Theatre Company will work with you to develop your program.